Job Title: Safety Professional
Location: Lake Charles, LA
ResponsAble Safety Staffing is one of the few agencies in the country that specializes in industrial safety staffing. Our company provides a level of thoroughness, personal attention, and training that no regular staffing agency, or safety consultancy can provide.
We are currently recruiting for experienced Safety Technicians in the Lake Charles area. If you are a qualified Safety Professional/Tech, please apply now.
Applicants must apply via this website using the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of this page.
The Safety Technician is responsible for the daily administration and implementation of the client's Occupational Safety and Health, OSH, program to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements promoting a safe and healthy work environment. The Safety Tech will support the assigned site OSH Program needs under the direction of the client supervisor.
Typical Responsibilities of the Safety Technician:
- • Maintain record keeping systems including OSH metrics and KPIs
- • Conduct inspections and audits
- • Recognize hazards, perform risk assessments, and provide recommendations to eliminate or mitigate identified hazards
- • Address employee OSH concerns
- • Prepare technical reports
- • Coordinate and perform training in all OSH topics
- • Participate in and lead emergency response,
- • Perform industrial hygiene (IH) sampling and monitoring
- • Issue hot work and confined space permits
- • Assist with incident investigations and case management
- • Plant Operator experience preferred
- • Process Safety Management (PSM) experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of applicable OSH governmental regulations
- • Demonstrates effective communication skills, capable of managing multiple projects, has strong training and interpersonal skills
- • Positive disposition, demonstrates passion, integrity and responsibility
- • Basic computer competency with Microsoft Office products and ability to learn client systems as required
- • 3-5 years of hands on relevant work experience in OSH
- • Familiar with OSH measures, programs and procedures
- • Must possess a valid Basic Orientation Plus and TWIC
- • Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- • *GSP, ASP, or CSP
- • OHST or CHST
- • COSS or CSST or equivalent
- • Associate's degree or higher
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary