The Site Safety Technician is responsible for assisting the site personnel in all facets of coordination and implementation of the site safety program.
Job Status: Apply Here
Primary key business accountabilities include:
1. Working both with site management and ESH staff to achieve desired ESH goals of the site. Through leadership of all ESH required safety programs at site the effective employee will balance site observations, auditing, and employee coaching in day-to-day activities with documentation and development of site training and improvement areas. Promote a “zero accident tolerance” standard of safety.
2. Responsible for auditing of site as required by site management and ESH staff.
3. Participate in seed site safety network as required.
4. Prepare and retain training documents, job safety analyses, and other documents related to site safety activities as required by site management and ESH staff.
5. With site management involvement, develop cost effective structure to achieve site ESH goals.
6. Possess ability to present training programs in a manner that creates employee involvement.
7. Maintains compliance with ISO procedures, fills out reports, records and documents as directed, including computer data entry.
8. Attend additional educational training as required, which may involve travel.
9. Have practical hands on knowledge of the canola manufacturing process to better understand issues and effectiveness of ESH programs.
10. Performs other ESH duties as directed by Site Lead.
11. Develop and maintain site specific programs.
The successful candidate will possess:
· B.S. Degree, preferably in an area related to Environmental, Safety and Health.
· Outstanding leadership and communications skills including the capability to clearly present information to influence or persuade others through oral or written means.
· Demonstrated decision-making ability and problem-solving skills essential.
· Results/detail-orientation and the ability to work with a sense of urgency.
· Capability to work with site management, ESH staff, and site employees in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
· Basic computer proficiency.
· Working knowledge of ESH, OSHA regulations, bi-lingual skills, seed production processes and/or prior ESH experience a plus.