Description: Duties will cover a wide range of topics and aspects for projects.
Job Status: Apply Here
• Management of and liaison with external Consultants to enable project risk assessments and safety studies to be produced such as Fire Risk Assessment, QRA, Helideck landing, Smoke and Gas, Blast analysis.
• Preparation of the Technical Safety scope of work from the overall project scope of work. Reviews and agrees this scope with project management.
• Providing Safety input to the project design.
• Development of all design deliverables including philosophies, reports, specifications, and data sheets, drawings, etc. Supporting other disciplines that will be responsible for drafting on aspects such as HAZ Areas, equipment layouts etc.
• Produce project status reports on weekly and monthly basis.
• Responsible for project reporting and monitoring of Safety design budget and schedule.
• Prioritizes work in accordance with the schedule.
• Preparation of engineering input to flow diagrams (PFD’s) and utility flow diagrams (UFD’s) including assignment of equipment tag numbers.
• Responsible for the review and approval of vendor drawings.
• Ensures quality assurance checks are performed on the project, in accordance with project, company, and department standards.
• Ensures Purchasing and Estimating Departments have technical information for obtaining costs and availability of Safety equipment and materials.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable government and industrial code requirements that are required on safety documents produced under his or her supervision.
• Responsible for implementing HSE policy and safety procedures as they relate to the Safety Discipline.
Requirements: Minimum Requirements:
• 10+ years of relevant experience in project work
• Effective writing and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Chemical, Environmental, or Fire Protection preferred)
• Experience of engineering from another related industry (10+ years engineering company experience)
• Experience of office working
• Experience of working within a team
• Legal authorization to work in the USA on a full-time basis
• 10+ years experience in the oil & gas industry
• Well grounded in industrial codes and standards (API, NFPA, ISO, etc.).
• Knowledge in probability and statistics
• Knowledgeable in methods for bio-toxicity testing
• Experience in refineries/petrochemical plants
• Upstream and Downstream experience
• Professional Engineering License
Minimum Experience (yrs): 10+
Required Education: Bachelor’s in Engineering