Job Title: Confined Space/Hole Watch Attendant
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
ResponsAble Safety Staffing is one of the few agencies in the country that specializes in industrial safety staffing. Our company provides a level of thoroughness, personal attention, and training that no regular staffing agency, or safety consultancy can provide.
The Confined Space Attendant/Fire Watch personnel may be cross-trained and considered as qualified of performing regulatory required confined space attendant and fire watch duties/responsibilities. May be capable of completing general labor assignments following the direction of an assigned Client supervisor.
Specifically, an attendant’s responsibilities may include:
- Monitoring entrants during the job and during entry and exit to help ensure their safety. The attendant may not abandon his post for any reason while personnel are in the space unless relieved by another qualified attendant.
- Monitoring atmospheric conditions in the space prior to and during entry.
- Controlling access to the confined space.
- Summoning emergency assistance as needed.
- Assessing hazards in and around the space.
- Keeping records of confined space work, such as air test results, personnel entry/exit, etc.
May be considered as knowledgeable in the hazards that may be faced during a permit required confined space entry, along with the signs, symptoms and consequences of the exposure, the usage of atmospheric monitoring equipment, the types and use of fire extinguishing equipment and emergency response.